Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Kitchen & How I Got Rid of My Grungy Grout

I wanted to share a project I did with you.  I did this project a while ago, but I waited to make sure it held up well before I shared it with you.  I can say without a doubt, it has held up to heavy traffic, cleaning, etc.  Also, let me add that I am not getting paid for this info, just wanted to share this project with you.  When we bought our house, the grout had not been sealed.  Over time, it has just turned colors, and frankly, looks disgusting.  I was in Wal-Mart one day, and found a kit made by DAP to paint and seal your grout all in a couple of steps.  The kit comes with a brush, a grout cleaner, and the paint/sealer.  It was super easy to apply.  It was however, time consuming. (I turned on an audio book, sat down and went to work)  It has held up great, and I am so pleased!
Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the kit before I used it.  But, this is a picture of the grout color bottle.  This bottle did my kitchen and dining room, and I have about a fourth of the bottle left.  Money well spent.
While we are on the subject of my kitchen, I thought I would share some pictures of my kitchen with you.
 My island was a new piece that I painted myself.  You can find out how I did this here: Kitchen Island Makeover

The coffee bar is my all time favorite project!!!!  We get so much use out of what use to be an old T.V. armoire.  Absolutely a project that was well worth the time and effort.  You can find out how I did this here:
 I removed the doors off of this set of kitchen cabinets and added corbels below the cabinets to give the appearance of a shelf unit.  I'm so glad I did this, and really enjoy the open cabinets.
 I haven't done any type of window treatment above these windows, because I can't decide what I really want to put up there.  I'm open to suggestions!!!!
This is the other side of our kitchen.  I love all of my kitchen cabinets!  I also love my built in desk area.  I also use that area to craft.  I would love a separate craft area in my house.  
This is a little vignette on my counter that I love. Oh, and I also used the DAP grout color on my counters also.  

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of my kitchen.  Have a wonderful week!!!


I'm sharing this post with:

15 comments:

  1. LOVE that kitchen island!!!! Adds that POP of color that makes the entire room great!! I pinned this to our talent board!! Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!!!

    Shelly @minettesmaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I am all about the color turquoise!!! Thanks for hosting and for stopping by and leaving a comment!
      Heather

      Delete
  2. This product looks great! I'm pinning because I am in the process of looking for a fixer upper house and I may need something like this!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! This grout product will save you tons of money and effort. I didn't mention in my post, but it comes in other colors too. I'm so jealous, a fixer upper sounds so fun! Happy house hunting!
      Heather

      Delete
  3. Love your kitchen! It looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kitchen and looks like the grout kit is a good products. I love your coffee station! Hugs. P.S. I invite you to share your post at my blog hop ( link up tonight through Sat)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Katherine! I just pulled your blog up, and am heading over to share at your blog hop. Thanks for letting me know about it!
      Heather

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your charming kitchen with us at my Show and Share Party. Love that corner sink and windows.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Linda, and for hosting Show and Share. Love your blog!!
      Heather

      Delete
  6. What a kitchen! Your coffee bar armoire and island make such a statement, love it! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy! Thank you for hosting!
      Heather

      Delete
  7. LOVE your kitchen, Heather. You are featured this week at Ivy and Elephants!
    Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Patti! Thanks AGAIN! You are awesome! Thanks so much for hosting and for the features! You are too kind!
      Heather

      Delete

I’d love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment!