Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Vacation in New York & Pennsylvania

My family and my Sister's family went on a wonderful vacation to New York and Pennsylvania.  We had such a great time, and crammed in TONS of things into one week.  I wanted to share our experience with you.  Enjoy the sights of New York and Pennsylvania via our family vacay.  I know I talk about my Sister a lot, and she may kill me for sharing this picture, but I had to do it.  This trip wouldn't have been possible without her and her awesome travel planning!  Love her tons!  This picture was taken inside Serendipity 3.  We had dinner there, and of course dessert!  I had the famous Frozen Hot Chocolate, and let me just say, it was life changing!  My boys LOVED the dessert also.

My boys and their cousins loved the food trucks!
Little Italy was so pretty
The 9/11 Memorial was beautiful.  It was a very somber being there. 


 Selfie in front of Ed Sullivan Theater
My boys thought riding the subway was great!  They really enjoyed the subway musicians.
Rockefeller  Center-The Teddy Bear shrub was adorable
My son and nephew rowing in Central Park
The Apple Store was crazy! This is all you see above ground.  The store in under ground below the glass block.  How cool is that?
My boys and I in Grand Central Station.  The Whisper Corner was our favorite.  If you have a chance to go there try it out. (I won't go into detail, but you can google it) Something so simple, and they were so impressed.  I won the cool Mom award for that idea.  That doesn't happen often with teenage boys.
We were lucky enough to go see the Yankees and Red Sox play while we were there.  That was a blast.  I've never had Chicken and Waffles, so I had to give them a try at the game.  How cute are the waffles stamped with Yankees logo? Isn't the view of the Bronx from the stadium gorgeous.  The buildings were so pretty.  Such a fun evening!
We went to the Empire State Building at night.  That was so awesome!           

My boys favorite place was Times Square

This was the New York Public Library.  All of the architecture in New York is absolutely gorgeous.  All of the buildings are just amazing to me.
The Plaza Hotel
 The Statue of Liberty with my youngest and Ellis Island
Central Park-I never imagined it was so big
 I believe this is the New York Stock Exchange
Me at Tiffany's
The guys at the Museum of Modern Art "pretending" to be interested.
Cousins in New York!
We also toured Philadelphia.  EVERYTHING was so decked out for the fourth of July.  So pretty!  On our way to Pennsylvania we stopped in Newark to see Carlo's Bakery.  The line to get in was about a block long, so I settled for a Selfie from across the street.

We of course stopped at Pat's and Geno's for Philly Cheese Steaks.  My Sister and I split one of each to try them both.  Yum!
 I had to share this sign.  So funny, but so true!  We ordered Wit and Whiz.
All in all, it was a great trip with great memories.  Even though I came home with Poison Ivy from Central Park, and a cold.  It was all worth it.  If you have a chance to go, plan what you are going to do ahead of time, and wear super comfy walking shoes.  You will walk miles and miles.  My Sister and niece planned our activities ahead of time, and it helped us fit as much as possible in every day.  I highly recommend taking your family to New York.  We had a great time!  Thanks for letting me share our adventure with you.




2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. You seem to have hit up all the really important places in the Big Apple. I remember being amazed at the size of Central Park the first time I saw it. I have learned all the parks in NYC are the back-yards for all of the folds who live in high-rises in the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! We had a SUPER time. Bryant park was also so beautiful, and just amazing with everything to do there. You could stay there all day. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
      Heather

      Delete

I’d love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment!