Saturday, July 22, 2017

I'M BACK! Changes & Updates Happening to My Blog

Where in the world have I been??  
I won't bore you with all of the details, after all, you are here for home decor.  Let's just say that life happened and it needed this Mom and Wife's attention 100%.  Now, I've eased back into the Cyber world by joining the huge decor world on Instagram.  That has been so much fun, and I've met so many new friends in the decor community there.  I hope you will find and follow me there.  The link is in the right hand column of my blog.  Being on Instagram urged me to get back into my blog, which is where my journey began.

I am not going to delete my old posts.  I have too many fun projects that are close to my heart posted here. I will be focusing more on House and Home, and less on lifestyle type subjects.  

We don't live in the same house that we use to, in fact, we've moved twice.  Life has moved pretty fast for my family over the last few years.  I loved living in the country with that beautiful cotton field in front of our home.  But, I don't miss all of the rattlesnakes, and other critters that came to visit our home.

Our boys got older, and the needs of our family changed, so we made a huge change to a much larger city that met all of the needs of our boys lives.  I also got the fixer upper that challenged me like crazy.  Here are pictures of our next home, and the home that turned me into a temporary contractor, and busy DIYer. This home hadn't been loved in a very long time.



This was our next home.  There wasn't one inch of this house that I didn't touch.  It was a true labor of love.  We bought it because I wanted the challenge.  Would I ever do it again, probably not.  While we hired someone for plumbing, major electrical, roof, counters, and flooring, two of my sons and I did everything else.  While I was busy finishing the house, my boys were getting on with their adult lives and moving on.  We decided to make another move closer to where my husband works.  The realtor came over, listed the house, and in 19 hours!!!!! Yes, 19 hours, the house was sold!!!!

I will be writing a post on how I staged the house, and how we sold it so fast.
Here are some pictures from this house.

 I went with pretty traditional decor in this house.  It just seemed to fit the style of the house.













Loved the big walk-in pantry! 









I painted all of the interior and exterior doors black.  There were 22 doors.  They were beautiful, But, I won't ever do that again.


So, that's basically what I've been doing.  When we sold this house, we found a partially completed new construction home that we loved.  I was so excited, because I wasn't ready to makeover another house.  We lost about 900 sq ft.  But, we were buying our Empty Nester home.  We do still have enough rooms for all of the boys to come visit.  We just don't have a formal living or dining room.  This is our new home.  The home where I am currently finding my new style.  


Thank you for anyone who is still following my blog.  I hope you will join in my journey to find my style in our new little cottage.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment!